Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulations
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Jay Wolfe Acura aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Jay Wolfe Acura relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Effective date: March 20, 2019
Last Updated date: December 31, 2019
What Type Of Information Do We Collect About You?
Depending upon the nature of your interaction with the Websites, communications with us, applicable laws, and other circumstances, we may collect both personal and non-personal information about and from you.
Personal information is non-public information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify or contact you. Examples include, but may not be limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name or alias
- Phone number which may be a mobile device capable of receiving SMS4 messages.
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Social Security number and Income
- Credit History and Credit Scores
- Certain employment and professional information
- Unique online identifier
- Online username and password
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Driver’s license number
- Passport number
- State identification number
- Bank, credit, or debit card number
- Financial information
- Insurance policy number
- License plate information
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link (when applicable) or by replying "STOP" to any email or text we send or by contacting us (816) 873-8282.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain non-personally identifiable information. Non-Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Publicly available information
- Aggregate or de-identified information
- Browser type and version
- Browser settings
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- Operating systems and platform
- Device type and operating information
- Mobile carrier
- Page response time and download errors
- Time zone
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
How Do We Collect Your Information?
We may collect your personal and non-personal information in three ways:
Directly from you when you access or use our Websites or when you communicate with us in any way, including but not limited to:
- Information you provide when you apply for a lease or apply for financing;
- Information you provide when you want to test drive a vehicle (e.g., driver’s license information);
- Information you provide when searching for a vehicle through our Websites or when you communicate with us via telephone, by e-mail, or in person;
- Information you provide when you enter a sweepstakes, contest or promotion sponsored or offered by us;
- Information you provide when you report a problem with our Websites;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (e.g., email address, telephone number) if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and the fulfillment of your requests and/or orders;
- Your search queries on the Websites.
Automatically when you access or use our Websites, including but not limited to:
- Details of your visits to the Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs, communication, and other usage data;
- Information about your computer and mobile device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type; and
- Interactivity with an e-mail, including opening, navigating, and click-through information.
From third parties, including business partners and affiliates, including but not limited to:
- Credit history and credit reports from credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies;
- Purchasing history;
- Information concerning your search history on the Websites;
- Statistical data relating to your Website activity;
- Social media profile information and activity, including your screen names, profile picture, contact information, contact list, and the profile pictures of your contacts, through the social media platform;
- Information from public sources, including local, state, and federal government agencies and departments.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We will only share your personal information in the following situations:
- In a business transfer. We may disclose your personal information as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which such information could be transferred to third parties as a business asset in the transaction.
- To service providers. We may disclose your personal information to third party vendors and partners who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf (e.g., credit / debit card processing, billing, shipping, repair, customer service, auditing, marketing).
- To subsidiaries and affiliates. We may disclose your personal information to subsidiaries and affiliates to further facilitate your use of our Websites, to market products and services directly to you, and to ensure the smooth and consistent operations of Jay Wolfe.
- For legal process and protection. We may disclose your personal information to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process, governmental request, or where we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- Enforce or apply agreements, or initiate, render, bill, and collect for services rendered;
- Protect our rights or interests, property or safety or that of others;
- In connection with claims, disputes, or litigation - in court or elsewhere;
- Protect users of our Websites and other carriers or providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such services;
- Facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government; or
- In case of an emergency.
If you have any questions about how Jay Wolfe shares your personal information, you may contact us: by email: [email protected]; by mail: 1011 W. 103rd St. Kansas City, MO 64114.
Links To Third Party Sites
Third Party Tracking / Do Not Track
Our Websites may, from time to time, collect information about your online activities, over time and across our different Websites. When you use our Websites, third parties may also collect information about your online activities, over time and across different internet websites, online or cloud computing services, online applications, or mobile applications. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Websites do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a “Do Not Track” or similar signal.
Social Media Integration
Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from social media platforms. You may choose to connect to us through a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc. When you do, we may collect additional information from or about you, such as your screen names, profile picture, contact information, contact list, and the profile pictures of your contacts, through the social media platform. Please be advised that social media platforms may also collect information from you. When you click on a social plug-in, such as Facebook’s “Like” button, Twitter’s “tweet” button or the Google+, that particular social network’s plugin will be activated and your browser will directly connect to that provider’s servers. We do not have control over the collection, use and sharing practices of social media platforms. We therefore encourage you to review their usage and disclosure policies and practices, including their data security practices, before using the social media platforms.
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use locally stored objects called flash cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Websites. We also may include cookies to provide aggregate reporting. Some of our Websites may allow Adobe to set and enable special cookies that are necessary to deliver video content for Adobe Flash Player. You cannot remove flash cookies simply by changing your browser settings. If you would like to limit the websites that can store information in flash cookies on your device, you must visit the Adobe website: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Beacons. Our Websites and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as beacons (also referred to as web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Beacons in e-mail marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings and web pages. You may use the tools in your device to disable these technologies as well.
- Google Ads (AdWords) - Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/adsGoogle also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout - for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Facebook - Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950To opt-out from Facebook's interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217. Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
The payment processors we work with are:
How Do We Store And Protect Your Personal Information?
The security of your personal information is important to us. That is why we take commercially reasonable steps to make sure your personal information is protected. Although no system can guarantee the complete security of your personal information, we will use our best efforts to maintain commercially reasonable technical, organizational, and physical safeguards, consistent with applicable law, to protect your personal information.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information for as long as necessary in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected, our business needs, and our legal and regulatory obligations.
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, storage, and sharing of your personal information. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
- Correcting or updating your personal information;
- Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts. For example, we may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link (when applicable) or by replying "STOP" to any email or text we send or by contacting us (816) 873-8282.
- Choosing whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services;
- Controlling targeted advertising from many ad networks and partners, data exchanges, and marketing analytics and digital advertising and marketing service providers. Many advertising companies that collect information for interest-based advertising are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance or the Network Advertising Initiative, both of which maintain websites where people can opt out of interest-based advertising from their members. To opt-out on these pages, visit www.AboutAds.info and www.networkadvertising.org;
- Choosing to control targeted advertising you receive within the Websites by using the settings and choices made available to you through your device(s) (e.g., by resetting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opt-out of interest based ads).
You can learn more about your choices, and exercise these controls and choices, by contacting us: email: [email protected]; mail: 1011 W. 103rd St. Kansas City, MO 64114.
Our Websites are not intended for children under the age of 18. This includes any links to other websites that we provide for our convenience. We don’t knowingly collect personal information from children for any reason.
By email: [email protected]
By phone: (816) 873-8282
By mail: 1011 W. 103rd St. Kansas City, MO 64114