It’s ranked as one of the top car brands in the world. However, Acura isn’t a standalone car maker. Which mass-market automaker is Acura’s parent brand? And where are Acura models manufactured? Let’s explore who builds the Acura brand and where their factories are located.
Acura’s Parent BrandIt’s no surprise. One of the world’s top Japanese automakers, Honda Motor Company, is the corporation under which Acura resides. That’s not the whole story though. Acura’s luxury vehicles were initially manufactured in the United States, not Japan, starting with the 1987 model year. You could make an argument that Acura is an American brand for that reason. Since then, Acura models have been introduced in several markets around the globe including Hong Kong, Mexico, and even Ukraine.
Where Are Acura Vehicles Built?Current models are still manufactured for the American market here at home.
- The Acura MDX three-row luxury crossover has been around since 2000. The current design is assembled in East Liberty, Ohio and offers a spacious interior with elegant appointments and two exciting engines.
- The Acura RDX is a compact luxury crossover SUV with a sports car feel. Now in its third generation, the RDX is built out of the same East Liberty, OH plant. Available in SH-AWD, and aggressive exterior appearance are a couple of its many highlights.
- The Acura ILX compact sports sedan is one of the most popular models of Acura cars. The four-door sedan offers luxury at an affordable entry price with a fun-to-drive 8-speed dual-clutch transmission. It’s made in Marysville, OH.
- The Acura TLX is a midsize luxury car with an extremely competitive price point to comparable German models. You have a choice between a FWD or a SH-AWD like the MDX. It’s manufactured in Marysville, Ohio as well.
- Acura’s halo car, the Acura NSX supercar, is also made in America. Built in the Performance Manufacturing Center in Marysville. It can accelerate from 0 to 60mph in just 2.9 seconds and has a top speed of 191mph.